The Legend Of 1900

Forum

This is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. It is haunting and the music is absolutely perfect. There may have been a longer version that was cut but even this version is very much worth seeing several times. The period exactness and the acting shows me again why academy awards are all political and not based on merit. I highly recommend this great fictional story!!

>>By Roger Dickey   (Saturday, 21 Dec 2002 01:12)

I have seen nothing to match this deeply haunting and touching film, whose tunes and cinematographic beauty will stay with you long after you have seen it. An Oscar winner that never was. I cannot forget the 'Piano Duel' scene which was absolutely spellbinding or the scene where '1900' (Tim Roth) and Max move about the ballroom at the piano (on a storm-tossed sea). Why was this truly wonderful film not lauded much, much more on release. Tim Roth was an absolute triumph.

>>By Lynn MJ   (Saturday, 8 Mar 2003 21:17)

A wonderful piece of movie history. So much drama phisycally and emotionally for the main character '1900'. This movie touches so many emotional levels of ones self. The way he (Tim Roth) portrayed '1900' when he sees the girl and played the Love Song touches so many emotional feelings to me. This movie is just one of the best movies I have ever seen! I enjoyed it so much.

>>By JM HosLiv   (Thursday, 22 May 2003 21:54)

The movie is fantastic... I loved the piano music. I enjoy playing the piano and thought it was just great.. I also enjoyed the story line and it was very touching... I think everybody should be give the chance to watch this. I have just been sent the DVD of this movie 1900 and i look forward to watching many times more. I first watched it on a recording from a video which had been translated from Indonesian so now i have it .....

Question : why had it not reached the movie thearte??
Thanks for awesome movie. I will be spreading the word....

Mark-Shane
New Zealand

>>By Mark-Shane   (Monday, 30 Jun 2003 00:54)

This film is unquestionably the most significant that I have ever watched. It has some small irritating moments which are far outweighed by the beautiful filming and music. I was also very disappointed in that the American version is cut by nearly 40 minutes. Living in the UK I was able to get the director's cut (160 minutes) but it is supplied only in Region 2 (European standard) so seems it will be denied American audiences unless you have a VCR that can handle both Region 1 and Region 2 formats. Nevertheless, the cut version (123 minutes) is still outstanding, it is just that you may miss some threads in the story and will be obliged to fill in the gaps for yourself. No matter, everything about this film is simply wonderful, awesome, magnificent and rates "best film have ever seen" award.

>>By Roger Sheldon   (Saturday, 19 Jul 2003 14:43)

The discussion board is currently closed.